Symbiosis International (Deemed University) (SIU) has announced the NEP Compliant four-year degree programme with multiple entry and exit options. The full-time programme, revised from 2023-24, is spread over a period of four years and is spaced out over eight semesters. Benchmarked for quality and contemporary connect with the undergraduate structures in apex universities in the world, our programme incorporates lively theoretical lectures, hands-on practical sessions, tutorials, classroom presentations and take-home assignments. Furthermore, field trips, study tours, projects and an intensive internship structure help add to the depth of learning in the programme. SCMC is one among the few BBA colleges in Pune to offer this innovative programme.
It is a four-year undergraduate program that equips students with technical skills and social understanding to write, manage, and communicate about business, branding, media entrepreneurship, media buying, digital marketing, and etc. through diverse mediums such as television, radio, internet based social networks and mobile based platforms. Graduates of this program can pursue various career paths in advertising, public relations, social media, employee relations, and other related fields
The highlights of the programme offerings are as under:
- The Programme framework allows exciting options to pursue one major and three minors and as well as the opportunity to pursue multidisciplinary, ability and skill enhancement courses.
- It offers a good blend of immersive learning, research and community engagement.
- Includes opportunities for semester exchange programmes with foreign universities.
- It offers the following exit options
1. A Certificate at the end of the first year of the programme with 44 credits
2. A Diploma at the end of the first two years of the programme with 84 credits
3. A UG Degree at the end of 3 years of the programme with 120 credits
4. A UG Degree with Honours / Research at the end of the 4 years of the programme with 160 credits
- The programme offers option of re-entry within 3 years of exit, and 7 years as the maximum permissible period for completion.
The programme provides a thorough grasp at both the academic and practical levels, Some of the courses covered in the programme include Communication Theories and Models, Brand management, Advertising management, Digital Marketing, Public Relations, Design and Graphics, Online Journalism, Print Media Reporting and Editing, Radio Production, Data Journalism, Photo-Journalism, Event Management, and Media Law and Ethics.
SCMC Pune has a vibrant college and campus culture that promotes sports and cultural events, and club and association activities that cultivate leadership, camaraderie, and competitive spirit.
Given below are the Programme Outcomes for the full-time BBA (Mass Communication)
All the Programme outcomes of SCMC are aligned with the following graduate attributes of Symbiosis International (Deemed University):
- Scholarship: research, inquiry and lifelong learning
- Global citizenship: ethical, social and professional understanding.
- Eco-literate: sensitivity towards a sustainable environment.
- Employability: equipped with skills, attributes, leadership and entrepreneurial qualities that society needs; being capable of making a contribution to society through earning a living.
The following are the Programme Outcomes for the full-time BBA (Media Management) programmes at Symbiosis Centre for Media and Communication (SCMC). Students completing the programme should be able to:
- 1. Theoretical & Historical Perspectives: Understand and apply the concepts, theories and skills in the areas of communication; and demonstrate an understanding of the evolution of media content and its diverse forms.
- 2. Effective Communication: Write correctly and clearly execute tasks in forms and styles appropriate for various professions and target audiences. Convert knowledge and experiences learnt in the class room and simulated environments, and apply them to the real world situations.
- Multidisciplinary and foundation
- Major and minor courses
- Skill and ability enhancement
- Research and honours-oriented
The multidisciplinary and foundation cluster is a set of essential courses required of all students, clearly aimed at providing a multidisciplinary perspective. The cluster primarily provides a sound base and transition into a more professional realm.
The major and minors cluster is a set of common courses that have a high component of skills, professional inputs and inter-related content. The students in their second year have the option of taking up specialisations in Media Communication or Communication Management.
The major is focused on specific professional areas that the student might want to choose in the course of his or her career.
Major Offered - Media Management
List of Minors Offered- (Choose any one)
- Media Entrepreneurship
- Public Relations and Corporate Communications
- Digital Marketing and Advertising Management
The definition of media has undergone a radical change in recent times. The shift is not merely technological, but that of perception of society about media and the awareness of the potential that lies in the active participation in the creation of media.
We pride ourselves as leaders in media education and our core mission is to create exceptional communicators and future-ready professionals, capable of understanding, responding to and actively engaging with global issues that need attention.